Valspar Paint® Unveils 2014 Color Outlook
Thu Jan 09 12:30:00 EST 2014
Valspar predicts color palettes inspired by minimalism, blended traditions and customization will refresh and redefine homes in the year to come
CHICAGO - Delivering on the promise to help people connect to the power in color, Valspar Paint reveals its 2014 Color Outlook and trend palettes. In 2014, Valspar predicts the theme of "redefining the home" will grow in importance in the coming year and has curated three distinct color palettes that embrace this forecasted trend. Each color palette - Zenergy, Time Traveler and Yours Truly - is inspired by the newest underlying influences and movements that are expressed in fashion, food, art, interior design and lifestyle.
"In 2014, consumers will be redefining what matters and will feel a growing awareness of what's important," said Sue Kim, Valspar Color Strategist. "The Valspar 2014 Color Outlook draws on this trend, with color palettes that are inspired by how people are purposefully incorporating these redefined experiences into their daily lives."
Zenergy, Time Traveler and Yours Truly are color palettes that serve to restore spirits with a return to simplicity, reconnect us to cultures and customs gone by, and reinvent style with expressions of creativity. Colors in the palettes range from serene cool hues to grounded earthy tones to bold traditional colors, offering a wide variety of color choices to refresh any room in the home.
The Valspar 2014 Color Outlook palettes:
- Zenergy - As desires shift toward restoring balance and simplifying in an effort to revitalize and energize, colors and styles that reflect minimalism and uncomplicated quiet luxury will grow in popularity for 2014. Trend colors in this palette include serene greens and blues and cool hues that are restorative and unpretentious. Lighter, natural colors that set a feathered atmosphere are paired with darker, soulful shades. Warm wood tones and orderly geometric lines will counter and complement the minimalism of the colors.
- Time Traveler - This trend palette reflects the desire to reconnect to cultures and customs of faraway times and places and the yearning to weave these collected stories into our modern lives and homes like patchwork. Inspired by history, fantasy, folklore and tribal motifs, colors and styles are combined in a way that pays tribute to tradition but with fresh perspective. Trend colors in this palette focus on visually rich hues borrowed from different cultures and eras. Lighter hues featuring gray undertones are married with bold traditional colors to take a piece of history and reconnect it in a modern home.
- Yours Truly - As our lives become increasingly curated, we are reinventing traditional function through customization and personal expression, allowing for an aesthetic that feels custom, handcrafted, re-imagined, and a bit imperfect but always inspired. We see the importance of connecting to the products we buy through stories and personal touch, and gravitate toward creatively blending different materials and finishes for a look that is experimental, unexpected and all our own. This color palette is grounded with earthy tones, but the addition of clean greens and blues reflects new adventure and discovery.
"There is cohesion to the story of each of the trend palettes, but the strong versatility and range of the individual colors encourages experimentation and self-expression in the home as we seek to redefine in the year ahead," continues Kim. "With options that complement every personal taste and décor style, the Valspar 2014 Color Outlook gives consumers the confidence they need during the color selection process to choose a color they will love and create a beautiful space."
This marks the fifth annual Valspar Color Outlook, which each year examines new prevailing directions and inspirations that are beginning to be expressed in functional art forms and lifestyle. Valspar research looks at broad global issues, consumer behaviors and the economy and analyzes how these influences filter down to interior colors, materials and finishes. The Valspar Color Outlook and trend palettes serve to capture the ideas that are relevant and refreshing to consumers.
As part of the Valspar 2014 Color Outlook unveiling, Valspar is hosting a series of activations on the Valspar Paint Facebook page, providing Valspar fans unique access to colors and personal color tips and advice from the Valspar trend palettes and beyond including the Valspar Palette of the Day Sweepstakes and a live Facebook Chat with Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim.
- Valspar Palette of the Day Sweepstakes: Beginning Tuesday, January 14 at 9:30 a.m. EST through Thursday, January 16 at 11:59 p.m. EST, Valspar will host a sweepstakes giving away trend colors from each of the palettes. Each day will feature a new palette. New or current fans are encouraged to visit the Valspar Paint Facebook page to enter the daily sweepstakes for a chance to win one free gallon of Valspar paint. Participants are required to be a fan of the Valspar Paint Facebook page prior to entering. Fifteen randomly selected entrants will win each day (see official rules at www.facebook.com/ValsparPaint).
- Facebook Chat with Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim: On Thursday, January 23, Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim will host a live color chat on the Valspar Paint Facebook Page answering fan questions and providing personal color tips and advice to help everyone make the most of their color selection journey.
Valspar is committed to helping everyone find the right color to transform any space and offers unique and innovative tools to help with every step of the color selection journey. These tools, available on ValsparPaint.com, include color guarantees to help ensure everyone finds the right color, the Virtual Painter, which allows consumers to upload photos and virtually paint them using Valspar colors and Valspar Paint Sample Kits to explore color options in the home. The new free Valspar Color Connect app, coming soon to the App Store, will connect consumers to Valspar color consultants for real-time expert advice and everything they need to make their paint journey a success.
For more information about Valspar Paint, the 2014 Color Outlook and trend palettes, or to locate a dealer, visit ValsparPaint.com, follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ValsparPaint, on Twitter at Twitter.com/ValsparPaint, on Instagram at Instagram.com/ValsparPaint, on Pinterest at Pinterest.com/ValsparPaint and on YouTube at YouTube.com/user/ValsparPaint.
About The Valspar Corporation
The Valspar Corporation (NYSE: VAL) is a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers the latest innovations, the finest quality and the best customer service in the coatings industry.