1. Make sure that your work area is properly ventilated, and lay out newspaper to work on.
2. Remove the chairs' loose seat pads and put aside. Rub the chairs lightly with coarse sandpaper to remove any flaking paint or varnish.
3. If the new color is lighter than the chairs' original color, apply a single coat of White Primer. Spray three of the chairs with Satin in Cameo Pink, and the other three with Satin in Real Red. Apply several thin coats leaving 5 minutes between each coat.
4. Lay the fabric on the floor, right side down. Place a seat pad on top, with the underside facing you. Cut around using the pad as a template, leaving enough fabric to fold around the edges and underneath—add an extra inch for tolerance. Stretch the fabric so that it is tight around the seat and affix it to the underside with a staple gun, folding neatly at the corners.
5. Place the covered seat pads back into the frame when the spray paint has dried.
Note: Always follow usage instructions on the reverse of Valspar spray paint cans.