Step 1—APPLY VALSPAR FAST PREP & LET DRY
1. Use Valspar Fast Prep to clean, etch and degrease the concrete surface before applying Solid Color Concrete Stain. Make sure you read and follow all the instructions on the package label, and keep children and pets away from the area while you are using the product. If your surface has tough oily stains, clean them first with Valspar Oil Stain Remover before using Fast Prep.
2. Pour Fast Prep into a plastic watering can so you can sprinkle it evenly over your concrete. Do not use a metal watering can.
3. Use a garden hose to wet the surface first. Then, apply Fast Prep from the watering can in a sweeping motion until you have completely covered the surface. Scrub with a stiff bristle brush or broom. Fast Prep will fizz and bubble as it cleans, degreases and etches the concrete.
4. Rinse thoroughly using a garden hose until the water runs clean. Use a squeegee or wet-vac to remove rinse water, if desired.
5. Allow the surface to dry thoroughly (4-12 hours or overnight) before applying stain.